2012 Cobargo Folk Festival sampler CD
|The 21 acts presented on this CD represent less than half the number of acts appearing at the festival but give a good sample of the genres and talent that will be on show – from Blues to Bluegrass to Bulgarian; traditional and contemporary songs and tunes both humorous and serious; from solo performers, small ensembles and bands. There should be something for all tastes.
The festival always endeavours to present a range of international, national and local acts. This year we have three performers from overseas – George Mann from USA, Alistair Brown from UK, both making their first appearance at Cobargo, and the popular Beez from Germany making a welcome return.
Two significant events programmed this year unfortunately could not be represented on this CD: A first ever production of a Steele Rudd play “Back To The Old Selection” performed by local theatre group Footprint Theatre. The other is a special Indigenous concert as a memorial to Aunty Eileen Morgan who died last year. Eileen, a Yuin elder, was patron of the Yuin Folk Club and the artist responsible for the Club’s logo. Highly respected indigenous performer, Kerrianne Cox, who is featured on this CD, is co-ordinating this special concert. You can read about these special presentations on our website. Both are funded by grants from Festivals Australia and the Mumbulla Foundation respectively.
Our sincere thanks go to all the performers who generously allowed the use of their music to make this CD possible. If you like the sample of their work then consider supporting them by purchasing their own recordings
Enjoy the festival and enjoy the CD!
| 1. Judy Small - Joseph Nkolo is Singing (Judy Small) (live)
2. George Mann - This Beautiful Child (George Mann)
3. Jimmy The Fish - Cactus (Liz Frencham)
4. Ami Williamson - Your Time (Ami Williamson)
5. The Beez - Ja Ljublju Tebja (trad arr. The Beez)
6. Alistair Brown - Cairnomount (Alexandour Balfour / Tony Cuffe)
7. Alanna & Alicia Band - Wrong Girl (Alanna Egan)
8. Danny Spooner - The Last of the Great Whales (Andy Barnes)
9. Kerrianne Cox - Stolen Children (Veronica Francis / Kerrianne Cox)
10. Chris Aronsten - The Road To Ballyvaughn (Chris Aronsten)
11. Nick Charles with Pete Fidler - City Up On High (Nick Charles)
12. Martin Pearson - Red Corvette (John McCutcheon) (live)
13. Fiona Boyes - I Let The Blues In (Fiona Boyes)
14. Malumba - Walk The Talk (John Hoorweg)
15. Kate Rowe - Dragon Orchid (Kate Rowe)
16. Guitarama - The Q (Quillan Noble)
17. Franklyn B Paverty - Old Talbingo (Ulick O’Boyle)
18. Cornerbrook - Danny Ab’s #1 and #2 / Con Carthy’s (trad Irish slides)
19. Chaika - Tropnala Oro (trad Bulgarian, arr. Laura Bishop)
20. Dorothy-Jane Gosper Band - Stick Around (DJ Gosper / Baz Cooper)
21. Mal Webb - Diphthong (Mal Webb)