Volunteering at the Festival
Volunteers are the life-blood of community festivals. The organisers of the Cobargo Folk Festival are all volunteers and the festival itself could not operate without the wonderful people who volunteer their time during the weekend of the festival each year. Volunteering gives a different perspective of the festival, enhances enjoyment and gives free admission. Many volunteers have such a good time that they volunteer year after year.
If you are a first time volunteer, you are about to discover a wonderful, rewarding experience! By volunteering, you will make new friends and obtain great satisfaction from ensuring everyone has an enjoyable and memorable time at the Festival.
If you are a returning volunteer, welcome back
Over half of the Festival volunteers work during the Festival in tasks ranging from ticket office & entry, to the roles of venue managers, merchandise and raffle ticket sellers, working in the Bar (if you have an RSA certificate), assisting performers, helping with recycling and keeping the site clean and safe. The other portion of volunteers will be working to set up and decorate the site in the three days prior to the Festival and to dismantle and clear up the site on the Monday following the festival.
Please indicate your job preferences when applying. However, certain jobs are popular and the positions fill quickly, so we cannot guarantee that your preferred job will be available and we may offer you other tasks. We will endeavour to roster you into your preferred times but, again, there may be hours that need filling that we may have to ask you to work, particularly if you are a late applicant. So, the sooner you get your application to volunteer to us the greater the chance of getting your preferred job and times.
If you have experience with working with children and youth, let us know in the message box as we may have special jobs associated with the childrens and youth program.
Also if you have any medical or other factor that may affect you doing particular jobs, please advise us in the message box.
What are the benefits of Volunteering?
- A minimum of 6 hours volunteer work (see below) entitles you to a free season pass and free camping
- Free light refreshments from the bar
- Special invitation to the farewell celebrations and BBQ (with many of the performers) on the Sunday evening after the close of the festival
- Lunch and refreshments are provided to those working on setup/pulldown in the days before and after the festival
- The satisfaction in knowing that you have been an important part of the successful running of a significant event in the folk calendar and being part of a supportive group that loves the Cobargo Folk Festival.
The only thing we ask is that all volunteers abide by our volunteers Code of Conduct and agree to the terms and conditions as set out below
Volunteers Code of Conduct
As a volunteer at the Cobargo Folk Festival, we contribute to the success of the Festival by:
- Exhibiting at all times a positive and friendly approach with the purpose of ensuring Festival attendees and volunteers have an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Promoting the Festival at all times as a fun, interesting and diverse event
- Acknowledging the importance of our individual contributions to the total effort involved in providing a happy and comfortable, yet safe and structured environment
- Always demonstrating the volunteer ethic by being mindful of situations requiring attention or resolution. This may involve alerting the delegated control points (eg. injury, illness, missing armbands, unacceptable behaviour) or resolving the issue on the spot (eg. ad hoc rubbish removal)
- Respecting and assisting each other to the best of our ability
- Respecting all people we come in contact with regardless of their race, religion, colour or age
- Following OH&S practices and policies
- Ensuring we are not under the effects of drugs or alcohol while volunteering
Cobargo Folk Festival Volunteers Terms of Agreement
I declare that I am, or will be at the time of the festival, 18 yrs or older.
I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct
I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks according to the rostered hours
I agree to contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator as early as possible if circumstances prevent my commencing a shift
I agree to follow all established OH&S practices, procedures and instructions of the Yuin Folk Club Inc which apply to the tasks I have volunteered to perform
Should any injury occur while I am acting as a volunteer at the Cobargo Folk Festival I agree to notify the administrator immediately or as soon as practicable
- If I breach the Code of Conduct, I acknowledge I may be relieved of my duties and escorted from the site. Such conduct may also result in denial of future volunteer applications.
Interested in volunteering? If so, please complete the following online application form below (scroll down)
Alternatively, click here to download a printable form which you can fill in and mail to us. (not available)
The best jobs and times fill quickly so do not leave it to the last minute to apply. We may only have a very limited number of jobs and times to offer late applicants
Telephone Enquiries to: Jen Van Gorder (02) 6494 0066 or Coral Vorbach (02) 6493 6758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Form (not available) Applications for the 2014 festival will open in September 2013